Wednesday, July 22, 2009

07.22.09 (Wednesday)

Early labor should just be renamed, "ANNOYING".

I've been like this for almost 2 days now! I'm having contractions about 6-7 minutes apart, lasting 45 seconds-1 minute and definitely stronger than yesterday. Dr's orders are to go to the hospital when they're 4-5 mins apart, definitely peaking and falling, and lasting 1 full minute. OR if my water breaks (which i would prefer at this point - at least it would end the guessing!!!) Since yesterday evening, the contractions went from discomfort to a little painful. Some even stop me mid-sentence or mid-step. Baby is moving between them though, which is a good sign.

I walked all day yesterday - around the apartment in the morning when I couldn't sleep, around the neighborhood while it was misting, and around Smithhaven Mall when it was pouring out. My sister walked me like a puppy. hahahaha. I noticed a change in the contractions after all the walking - definitely more consistent and more painful. That's GOOD!

And then last night we went up to St Charles to visit a friend's new (incredibly adorable) baby, and while there, I tried to convince the Tiny Man that all the cool kids were in the nursery and that he was the only nerd still in the womb. No luck yet.

I was woken up several times through the night with contractions, but thank God, I didn't wake up every 7 minutes. I must've been feeling them in my sleep though because I was making some odd noises - even woke Rich up. That takes a lot! Once I was awake and started timing them again is when I realized they're still keeping the 6-7 minute pattern, lasting for 45 secs, sometimes a minute. Some are stronger than others - some just feel like cramps. Some of them can't even be timed from the starting point, because all I feel is the peak.

I'll be really upset if i get to my Dr's appt later and there's no progress past the 2cm from 2 WEEKS AGO! I'm not at work (don't feel safe driving - i had a contraction driving home monday night and felt like i couldn't even steer my car. Not good!) and if this isn't "REAL LABOR", I’ll be pretty angry that I’m “wasting” these days!!!!

I understand it's still early.
I understand that things can go any way with a first baby.
I understand that i have no control over when he's ready
.... but I am having a hard time dealing with it. ENOUGH ALREADY. If he gets any lower, I feel like I won't even be ABLE to walk. Seriously – bowling ball in the crotch. (i don't want any whining comments - DAD.)

We’ll see what the Dr says later... Until then, at least it’s sunny so I can walk around the neighborhood some more.

:(

I’m getting really frustrated and I just want to meet him.



No comments:

Post a Comment