Thursday, June 4, 2009

06.04.09 (Thursday)

Hi! :) Unexpected update!

I didn't feel right Sunday, Monday and Tuesday...not BAD, just weird. I called the Dr and they brought me in for monitoring Tuesday night.

I was having a lot of low cramping (mostly left side- no organs over there, so nothing too bad to worry about) that didn't subside with water or walking or laying down. It was painful at times - it even woke me from a deep sleep Monday night. I now know that they were contractions! I'm experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions more often now too. YES, I'm contracting, but not in a pattern and not too often. Perfectly normal at this stage in the game.

Would you believe that I didn't feel the baby move at all Tuesday from 10am-6pm...then AS SOON AS I GOT ON THE SONO TABLE, he had the hiccups and started kicking me like crazy??? THE LITTLE STINKER!!! Like ha ha, I got you!

The tiny guy is over 4lbs already at 30wks... head, femur, etc are all measuring at 32 weeks or so. If my Dr's office changed due dates according to measurements (which some do, but mine doesn't- boo), it would be the end of July instead of August 12th. He's in the 80th percentile for height, 80th or 90th for weight (i don't remember/didn't see the paper too clearly). It was like looking at a mini-Rich but with my mannerisms. Nice long torso, long arms/legs - all up in front of his face again (explaining my low kicks). hahahaha

My left side pain can best be explained by the fact that baby is all jammed up on my left side and FINALLY - FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY, for the first time this pregnancy, HEAD DOWN!!! Good boy!

Mommy is down 1lb from our 28 week appointment 2 weeks ago.

He had me puking for an hour Wednesday morning and now he's bouncing all over in there. We had a discussion last night that he's not to trick Mommy anymore because she's the one that feeds him and it's NOT NICE! :)

Still crampy today, but overall relieved. Waiting for blood work results - should get a call within a week - but there are no "bad" signs that point to pre-term labor. I'm lucky that I haven't had any swelling, high blood pressure, etc. I guess I'm just not used to feeling low pressure because baby was never in head-down position before!

The bottom line is that everything is FINE and NORMAL and baby is happy and healthy. Couldn't ask for more!

Look at his chubby little mini-Rich face!! :) I wanna bite it.


My back and feet are starting to hurt a little now, depending on my daily activity. I think everyone should email Rich and tell him the benefits of massaging his wifey's lower back, legs, and feet often. Happy wifey = happy baby. Who doesn't want to make the baby happy?!? hahahahaha

I'm still sleeping well, too. No complaints there!

We're taking our hospital tour this coming weekend, getting tiny's room in order (aka emptying MY COATS out of his closet...hah), etc.

It's getting closerrrrr!!! woohoo!

Be back soon :)

3 comments: